Whitley County Obituaries

Jones, Charles I.
Columbia City Post – Whitley County, Indiana
Saturday March 30, 1940

     Charles I. Jones, 80, hardware merchant here for 55 years past, known as Columbia City’s oldest businessman still active in the community’s affairs, died at his home, 308 West Spencer street at 8:45 o’clock this morning. His death followed a month’s illness.
     Mr. Jones, who had been confined to his home several weeks, was able last Saturday to spend a few hours at his store the Jones Hardware Company, but was not able this week to revisit the store.
     He entered business here in 1885 when he purchased the hardware store from the late Valorous Brown, lumber dealer, who had acquired the store through a business deal. Though for some years he served as vice-president of the First National bank, he never relinquished his interest in the hardware firm and, retiring from the bank directorate and as vice-president of the banking house several years before its affairs were liquidated, he returned to take an active part in the management of the hardware business.
     Mr. Jones was a native of Columbia City, spent his entire life here. He was a son of Curtis Jones and Elizabeth Shinneman Jones. His father was a local attorney. Not only was Mr. Jones the longest-active Columbia City businessman at the time of his death, but he for many years played a prominent part in civic affairs.
     He was a member of the Commercial Development club, Grace Lutheran church, and Columbia City lodge No. 189 F. & A. M. He was the oldest member of the local lodge, having been a member since January 17, 1887.
     Surviving are his wife Mrs. Emma Liggett Jones; four daughters, Mrs. John Menaugh of Chicago, Mrs. Mildred Roberson of Washington, D.C., Mrs Walter Mitchell of Washington, D.C. and Mrs. David Madill of Indianapolis. Also surviving are a sister, Mrs. Ethelbert Taylor of San Diego, Cal., five grandsons and one granddaughter.
     Mr. Jones’ death was unexpected. After arising and being about his home, he lay down to rest, not feeling well. His physician was called, but before he could reach the Jones home, Mr. Jones had died.
     The body has been removed to the Smith Funeral home where friends of the family will be received until the funeral hour. Funeral services, to be conducted by the Rev. John S. Hoenstine, pastor of Grace Lutheran church, will be held at 2 o'clock Monday afternoon in the funeral home. Burial will be made in Greenhill cemetery.

Jones, Clyde E.
Unidentified News Clip in "the Scrapbook"
Died November 5, 1907

[Abstract - view scanned copy for full obituary]
     Clyde E. Jones was born in Etna township January 13, 1884 and died November 5, 1907 aged 23 years 9 months and 22 days. He was married to Miss Nevada Miller in October 1904.

Jones, Curtis Warren
Columbia City Post - Whitley County, Indiana
Saturday May 6, 1916

     Curtis W. Jones, the oldest member of the Columbia City Bar, and a citizen of this community for more than seventy years, passed away Thursday evening at 8:30 o’clock at the home of his son, Charles I. Jones, on West Spencer street, where he has resided for the past fifteen years or more. He was eighty-two years, six months and twenty-five days of age at his death.
     The end was not unexpected to members of his family or friends, and he himself realized that his life was drawing to a close. Early in February, he suffered from an attack of the grippe, but he managed to go up town a number of times before the 18th of that month, when he was seized with a chill and had to be assisted home. He was never able to be up town after that, and arterial sclerosis, combined with the natural wearing out of a strong and rugged constitution brought about a condition that medical skill could not successfully combat. He stated to members of the family, early in his sickness, that his race was well nigh run and that he was ready and willing to go. On Wednesday he lapsed into unconsciousness and from that time on became weaker and weaker until the hour stated, when he passed into the eternal sleep of death.
     He was one of the early pioneers of this county, having come here when a lad of twelve, in the year 1845. He lost his right arm when he was eight years old, so he was forced to go through his life with that great handicap. No better example of the advance in medical science can be cited than his tragic experience. He fell out of a tree, fracturing his arm, but instead of setting the broken member, it was amputated. His father died in Ohio when he was a child, and his mother, with her two sons, Clinton and Curtis Jones, and three daughters, who later became Mrs. Maxie Foust, Mrs. William Dunfee and Mrs. Mary Sherwood, the latter the youngest of the three, who still survives, moved to this county.
     Curtis W. attended the public schools here, the first school ever held in Whitley county, in the year 1845 and 1846, which was taught by Walter Mason. He commenced the study of law about 1850 with Judge James S. Collins, who was the pioneer lawyer of the county, and when 21 years of age hew was admitted to the bar, and the practice of law was his life work. When he began to read law, he would ride to Fort Wayne on horseback to get law books to complete his study.
     In politics he was a staunch Republican, but if he had a friend on the other ticket, he never hesitated to cross over the line and give his vote to him. He was deputy prosecutor here for a time, many years ago, but never aspired to hold public office of any kind.
     His memory of the early days was remarkable, and his death has removed from this community the one person who could recall incidents of the early history of the town and county with wonderful accuracy, even to the names of the people who were present. On May 1st, he told members of his family about a great May Day celebration held here sixty-five years ago. He and his sister, Mrs. Mary Sherwood, were the only survivors of that pioneer May Day but both of them recalled the snow storm which swept this vicinity. The festivities were carried out, however, for a snow storm would not daunt the courage of people of that day. The girls were dressed in white and the occasion was such a memorable one that the lapse of sixty-five years was not sufficient to efface it from the memory of those who participated in it. The celebration was to have been held at Indian Spring on the old Stouff farm, but owing to the storm it was held in town.
     Other events were just as vivid in his mind and he could recall Fourth of July celebrations and incidents of importance to the citizens of this community with wonderful clearness. It was a great pleasure to him to recount the early activities and he was one who saw this city grow from its infancy, for aside from a family or two and many Indians, the site of this city was but a dense wilderness when the Jones family first located here. As a lad, he hauled the water that was used for mixing mortar for the first court house that was built here. Throughout his life he was a great reader and he kept thoroughly posted on national and local affairs.
     Curtis Warren Jones was a son of William D. and Elizabeth Jones, and he was born near Dresden, Muskingum county, Ohio, October 9th, 1833. After the death of his father, his mother moved to this county, with the children mentioned above, in the year 1845. She lived until 1880. In October 1855, he was united in marriage to Elizabeth Shineman, who died in 1884. Three children were born to them, Heber, who died Dec. 24, 1890; Charles I. Jones, vice-president of the First National Bank in this city, and Mrs. Harry L. Taylor, of Chicago. One sister, Mrs. Mary Sherwood, the last of the family, makes her home with her son, Hugh Sherwood, of East Ellsworth street. He was formerly a member of the Odd Fellow order but he dropped out about thirty years ago.
     The funeral will be held Sunday afternoon at 2:00 o’clock from the house, Rev. Edward Everett Moshour, pastor of Grace Lutheran church officiating, and the interment will be in the Masonic cemetery. It is requested that no flowers be sent.

Jones, Dewitt C.
Columbia City Commercial – Whitley County, Indiana
Wednesday February 22, 1882

     Dewitt C. Jones died at his late home in this place on Saturday, February 18, 1882, aged 50 years, 10 months and 15 days. His funeral took place from Grace Lutheran church, on Sunday afternoon at 2 o’clock, and was very largely attended by our citizens. Rev. Barnett officiated assisted by Rev. Daniel. The subject of this sketch was born in Muskingum county Ohio, April 3, 1831 and removed to Whitley county, Indiana, October 1845, and had resided here ever since, a period of nearly thirty-seven years. He united with the Lutheran church in this place in 1852 and ever thereafter lived the life of an every day christian. He was united in marriage to the daughter of the Rev. J. W. Bradshaw, in February, 1850, who together with six children survive and affectionate husband and devoted father. An aged mother, three sisters and one brother also live to remember, the good traits of a loving son and brother. Mr. Jones was one of the most evenly tempered men that we have ever known, and went to the grave, we believe, without leaving a single enemy behind. We most earnestly sympathize, as do all of our citizens, with the bereaved relatives of our late worthy citizen.

Jones, Edgar B.
Fort Wayne News Sentinel – Allen County, Indiana
Tuesday August 30, 1927

     Edgar B. Jones, aged 68, a lifelong resident of Allen county, died at 11:45 o'clock Monday night at his home on the Aboite Center road, after an illness of eight months. Surviving are his widow, Harriet; one daughter, Mrs. Mildred Dunlap, of this city; two sons, [LeRoy] of Upland, and Frank, of Los Angeles, Cal.; one brother, Frank L. Jones of this city, and two sisters, Mrs. Mary Sivits of Albany, and Mrs. Laura Freshwater, of Athens, Ohio.

Jones, Edna E
Transcribed and contributed by Beverly Henley
The Commercial Mail – Columbia City, Indiana
Thursday May 10, 1945 Page 6

     Edna E. Jones, age 56, wife of Lawrence E. Jones at Churubusco died at 5 o’clock last night at the Luckey hospital Wolf Lake, following major surgery. She was a hospital patient only a few days. Funeral services will be held Saturday afternoon at 2 o’clock at the United Brethren church in Churubusco of which Mrs. Jones was a member. The Rev. John Rollings, pastor of the church will officiate. Committal services will be held in Eel River cemetery. Mrs. Jones was a daughter of Charles and June Growcock Richards and was born in Noble county October 13, 1888. She was married to Mr. Jones April 14, 1907. Survivors besides the husband are one son Everett Jones, cashier at the Churubusco bank; three daughters, Mrs. Stanley Meyers, of Churubusco; Mrs. Fred Rendell, of South Bend; Mrs. Leone Hursey at home and six grandchildren. The body will be returned to the residence this evening from the Sonday Funeral Home in Churubusco. Besides her church affiliations Mrs. Jones was a member of the Order of Eastern Star and the Churubusco Literary club.

Jones, Elizabeth (Helms)
Columbia City Post - Whitley County, Indiana
Wednesday 26 Dec 1883

     JONES - At the residence of her son-in-law, F.H. Foust, on Saturday afternoon at 2 o'clock, Nov. 17, 1883, Mrs. Elizabeth Jones, after an illness of several weeks, with heart disease and dropsey, aged 79 years, 7 months and 14 days.
     "Grandma Jones," as she was familiarly called by everybody, was one of the old pioneers of Whitley county, having moved to Columbia City in 1845. Her maiden name was Helms and she was born in Pennsylvania, April 3d, 1804. At an early age she removed with her parents to Ohio, where in 1825 she was married to Wm. B. Jones who died in 1843. She was thus left a widow with five children to care for, the eldest of the number, Mrs. F.H. Foust, being only about sixteen years of age.
     Having made up her mind to remove to Indiana, she hired a team to haul her household goods and she and her children walked the entire distance. She was of heroic disposition and bravely combatted [sic] the trials and hardships incident to a pioneer life, and labored night and day, to add to the comfort of her children and rear them in a way that should cause them to grow up to be useful men and women. In this she succeeded admirably and was surrounded by the unbroken five until the death of D.C. Jones a couple of years ago. Her other four children, Mrs. F.H. Foust, Mrs. J.M. Sherwood, Mrs. William Dunfee, and C.W. Jones, still survive.
     Too much cannot be said in praise of this aged lady, who is now enjoying the reward of a faithful, consistent christian. Everybody loved her for the many noble traits she possessed. She was always ready to respond to the demands of the sick and to aid in comforting those in distress. She thought it no hardship to get up at any hour during the night to administer to the sick. She ever had a kind word for all and as long as memory lasts those who received her kind benedictions will ever cherish the memory of "Grandma Jones."
     She knew for several weeks before her death that it was only a question of very short time when she should be called hence and therefore carefully and calmly arranged all the details for her burial, selecting Rev. H. Wells, of North Manchester, who was so many years her pastor, to preach her funeral. She selected as one of the hymns for her funeral, "Sweet Bye and Bye" which was one of her favorite songs while in life. She gave away her personal effects to her children and grandchildren, designating which particular one should have each particular item.
     The funeral took place from Grace Lutheran church, of which she was a member, on Tuesday, Nov. 20, and her remains were deposited in the Masonic cemetery. Rev. A.J. Douglas assisted Father Wells at the funeral. The following named old settlers acted as pall-bearers: Jacob Wunderlich, C.D. Waidlich, James Worden, I.B. McDonald, Wm. Carter and John Brant.

[View scanned copy of obituary part 1   part 2   part 3]

Jones, Emma (Liggett)
Columbia City Post – Whitley County, Indiana
Thursday March 3, 1949

     Mrs. Emma Liggett Jones, 87, one of Columbia City’s pioneer residents, died at 1:30 o’clock Wednesday afternoon at her home, 309 West Spencer street, following an illness of two weeks due to complications. She first became ill almost a year ago when she suffered a cerebral hemorrhage while visiting at the home of her daughters in Washington D. C.
     She was born on August 21, 1861 in Wabash county, a daughter of W. H. and Rebecca Mills Liggett. In 1874 she came with her family to Columbia City where they established their home at the corner of Walnut and Market streets. On July 6th, 1886 she was united in marriage to the late Charles I. Jones who for many years was associated with the First National Bank and the Jones Hardware Store in this city. Mr. Jones died in March 1940. More than fifty years ago the Jones family moved to their home on West Spencer street where they have continued to reside.
     Mrs. Jones was a life-long member of Grace Lutheran Church and a member of the church’s "50-Year Membership Club". She likewise was an active member of the Mite Society of the church and the Loyal Worker’s class of the Sunday school. Her lodge affiliation was with the Columbia City Chapter Order of the Eastern Star in which organization she was a charter member.
     The surviving relatives include four daughters, Mrs. Helen Menaugh, Chicago; Mrs. Mildred Robertson, Mrs. Dorothy Clapham, and Mrs. Lucy Mitchell, all of Washington D. C.; five grandsons, one granddaughter, five great grandchildren; one brother, John Liggett, Washington D. C.; three sisters, Mrs. M. W. Ireland, Washington D. C.; Mrs. H. D. McClellan, New York City; Mrs. Edith Irvin who resided with Mrs. Jones. Mrs. Ina Liggett Haines, a cousin of Mrs. Jones, has resided in her home and assisted with her care since last September.
     Friends will be received at the Charles Smith and Sons Funeral Home. The Rev. Graham L. Kleespie, pastor of Grace Lutheran church, will officiate at the funeral rites to be held Friday afternoon at 2 o’clock at the funeral home. Committal services and burial will follow the funeral home service on the family lot in Greenhill cemetery.

Jones, Frank L.
Fort Wayne Journal Gazette – Allen County, Indiana
Wednesday December 27, 1944

     Funeral services for Frank L. Jones, 84, who died at 7:25 a.m. Tuesday at the Allen County infirmary of pneumonia, will be conducted at the DeMoney funeral home, Columbia City, at 8 p.m. Thursday. Interment will be in Green Hills cemetery. He was a former blacksmith at Columbia City, but had lived in Fort Wayne for the past 20 years. The body was removed to the C.M. Sloan & Sons funeral home and will be taken to Columbia City today.
     Survivors include a daughter, Mrs. Mervin Kronke, Chicago; and two sisters, Mrs. Sivits, New Albany, and Mrs. Laura Freshwater, Chillicothe, Ohio.

Jones, Harry M.
Transcribed and contributed by Beverly Henley
The Commercial Mail – Columbia City, Indiana
Tuesday May 8, 1945 Page 6

     Harry M. Jones, past 34 years old, a farmer by occupation, died at his home one mile west of Columbia City on the Frank Goodrich farm in Columbia township at 3 o’clock yesterday afternoon. Mrs. Jones had suffered several heart attacks previously and on last Friday visited his physician in Columbia City after having been ill due to that cause. About 2:35 pm yesterday he came into the house from work and complained that his heart was paining him. The pain eased up and Mr. Jones returned to work. About 3:30 pm, Loren, 12 year old son of Mr. Jones, who had been operating the tractor and plowing in the field, came in and as he drove the tractor past the barn Loren saw his father lying on the ground face down. Loren ran to the home, called his mother and the two flagged down a passing car occupied by William Hicks and Joseph Bowen, neighbors. One of the men remained at the Jones home and the other came to town and called Sheriff Fremont Fisher who returned to the home with him. An investigation revealed that Mr. Jones was dead. Coroner E. A. Hershey was notified and stated that death was instantaneous and due to heart disease.
     Harry Merl Jones was born August 23, 1910 in Pulaski county, Indiana, near Royal Center and was a son of Joel D. and Nora Hettinger Jones. The mother is dead and his father is living in Logansport. He grew to manhood in Pulaski county and since March 1, 1943 had resided on the Goodrich farm. Previous to that time he had lived for one year on the Rockwell farm in Washington township. He had also lived for two years in Fort Wayne. While in Fort Wayne he was a mechanic at the Studebaker plant. On June 4, 1932 he was married to Miss Ethel Faye Witters of Lucern, Indiana who survives. One son Loren Dean Jones, 12, and a daughter Shirley Jean, 7, survive together with 3 brothers and 2 sisters; Corporal Edgar R Jones USMC, Washington, D.C.; Mrs. Roy Binney, Royal Center, Ind.; Corporal Eugene Jones, U S Army, Europe; Mrs. Francis Strong, R R 5 Logansport; Orville Jones at home. Mr. Jones was a member of the Grassy Creek United Brethren church and the moose lodge at Fort Wayne. The body was brought to the DeMoney Funeral Home where friends may call after 7:30 pm tonight. Funeral services will be held Thursday afternoon at 2 o’clock at the Grassy Creek United Brethren church at Grassy Creek, Ind. and burial will be in the church cemetery.

Jones, Heber Franklin
Unidentified News Clip in "the Scrapbook"
Died December 23, 1890

     Heber Franklin Jones, son of C.W. Jones, of this city, died in the Cook County Hospital at Chicago on Tuesday evening, Dec., 23, 1890, after an illness since the latter part of October, with pneumonia. His remains were brought to Columbia City on Christmas morning by his father and brother Charles. It will be remembered that he met with an accident at Millbank, Dakota in September 1888 whereby he lost both of his hands and had one foot seriously injured. He removed to Chicago in April 1889.
     The deceased was born in Columbia City, Feb. 16, 1858. He was 32 years, 10 months and 7 days of age. He had every attention possible during his sickness. His father and brother visited him two or three times and nothing was spared to make him as comfortable as possible. His funeral occurred from the Lutheran church on Saturday, R. C.H. Hockey, officiating. The deceased was kind-hearted to a fault. He was thoroughly competent as a business man, but his roving nature took him away from home and friends much of the time. His remains were deposited in the Masonic cemetery by those of his mother, a request he had frequently made.

View scanned copy of obituary

Jones, Martha (Bradshaw)
Columbia City Commercial - Whitley County, Indiana
Wednesday February 9, 1898

     Martha Bradshaw was the daughter of Rev. John Bradshaw, a pioneer minister in the Methodist church, and was born in Pennsylvania, May 3, 1836. She died Jan. 27, 1898, aged 61 years, 8 months and 21 days. She was about 18 years of age when she came to Columbia City, Ind., where she met and married Dewitt Clinton Jones, Feb. 18, 1856, who was called to his reward Feb. 18, 1882. To this union six children were born – Dulcina, Cora O., both deceased, Edgar B., Franklin L., Mary I. and Laura A.
     It was with her son Frank she made her home, who has been all to her in devotion and love that a son could be. Frank, you have fulfilled the trust your father gave you, "to take good care of mother," most faithfully. She loved all her children and grand-children and you certainly can have the assurance that you did all for her that could be done. Your mother has passed away to her reward in heaven. To her children and family there is much both in her life and death to comfort and gladden your hearts. Thank God for such a mother. Rejoice in the memory of her godly character, her noble example, her helpful influence, her fervent prayers.
     Mrs. Jones was a beautifully unselfish christian, happiest when at any self-sacrifice she was most helpful to others. To her children she was abundant in her unselfish ministers of love. For them she desired to live and serve. Because of her motherless grand-children she wanted to remain that she might be a mother to them. To neighbors and friends she ever abounded to good works, and many will recall with grateful heart and moistened eye, her helpful love and friendship.
     The large gathering of people and the beautiful floral gifts, all evinced the high esteem, as well as the affectionate regard, in which the departed was held, while at the same time it showed the tender sympathy felt for the bereaved children in their great sorrow. The funeral was conducted by her pastor who spoke from the text, Prov. 31-8, "Her children arise up and call her blessed." The remains were interred in the Masonic Cemetery. Her memory abides with the children like a fragrant perfume. J.M. Francis.

Jones, Washington
GSWC First Families of Whitley County (007-FF) Source: Whitley County News – Whitley County, Indiana
Friday June 26, 1903

     Oldest Hoosier in Whitley County Passes Away Monday in Etna Township. Washington Jones, one of the grand old pioneers of Whitley County, many of whom have been passing to their reward in a higher life during the past few years, died Monday morning at his home in Etna Township where he resided almost fifty-five years.
     For the last year or two, he had been declining rapidly in health, but did not take to his bed for the last time until six weeks ago. No better sketch of his life can be given than that from his own pen, written for the News over two years ago, and is as follows:
     Maple Grove, Whitley County, Ind. Feb. 21, 1901. Editor News: “In looking over the columns of the News of the 15th inst. I find there a short sketch given of the life of James L. Snow, a noble and venerable man. Indeed, said to be the oldest Hoosier in the state. I can beat that record, as I was born six miles west of Richmond and one mile north of Centreville, Wayne County, Dec. 8, 1816, three days before the state was admitted to the Union.
     “I never was outside the bounds of Wayne County until I was 21 years of age; grew up and got what little training I did get, there. The facilities for obtaining an education when I was a boy were very limited compared with the present times. No public funds for supporting public schools then. We tried to make the best out of our opportunities. I lived in that county until I was in my 33rd year, spent twenty summers in a brick yard, fifteen of them moulding brick by hand; made, set and burned during that time 3,000,000 of brick.
     “In my young days I taught school six winters, Gov. Morton’s wife being one of my pupils. In the spring of 1838 after having gone to school all winter I stood 6 feet, 4 inches in my boots and weighed 216 pounds, was raised on ‘hog and honey.’ My constitution has been great. Poverty drove me from my native ‘heath’ and on the 5th day of Sept. 1848, I drove stakes in (then) Noble but now Whitley County. I do not consider myself an ‘old settler’ but I may have been the means of ridding the land of as much brush, logs, stumps, and stones as some of the older settlers.
     “I have taken the initiative in some things in this county. I brought in the first short horned cattle that were introduced; put up the first woven wire fence and automatic gates; put up the first artificial fountain; first champion evaporator, and first tubular well and windmill in this township (Etna). My brother, Lewis Jones, carried the first mail that went to Indianapolis in 1817 or 18, when a boy of 11 years; my father, Levi M. Jones, having the contract, once a week.
     “I am so deficient in sight that I cannot see a line on this paper. My hearing is also bad. My first vote for president of the United States was General William H. Harrison, having helped to elect every republican president since that time. I never belonged to any secret organizations; never had a pipe stem in my mouth, cigar or tobacco; never spent 5 cents for liquor for me to drink; never gave my obligation to promise to pay that I did not meet when due or before, have ever made it a rule to try to keep my ‘potato patch clear of encumbrance’. I have the first time to go fishing or hunting since I came to this county. The deer would be brousing [sic] round our fields and the fish in the lake would grow as big as whales before I would take them out. The house in which I was born is standing yet; a hewed log structure 18x24 feet put up by my father in 1815, apparently sound, one mile north of Centreville.
     “I am the only survivor of 7 brothers and 3 sisters. Have spent all my life in this state, four weeks excepted, in which time, Oct. 1837, myself and an older brother, Oliver T. Jones, made a visit to Virginia to see our grandparents: went on horseback; I have the saddle bags I carried on that visit. The grandparents were all four living at that time in Kanhawa County, as John and Joseph Jones, both revolutionary soldiers and directly under Washington’s command and were …(?)… death. This visit was made in slave time, …. (?) …, bligth and evil , …. (?) …. I have written at some length, you can make any disposition of it you choose.” Your old friend, Washington Jones.
     The deceased was a life long Christian, affiliating with the Baptist church and was married three times, leaving by his second wife, nee Francis M. Hunt, deceased, three sons, L. M. Jones, of Columbia City; Thomas, of Noble County, and Oliver P., of Etna Township. His third wife, formerly Samantha Trumbull, survives him.
     Several years ago the deceased left instructions with the late Henry Snyder as to the coffin he wished to be buried in, and after the death of Mr. Snyder, O. E. Stewart was given the same instructions. He selected a plain, but grand and massive black walnut coffin, trimmed in the richest black, and the same was kept in stock for four years. All arrangements were made by himself for his funeral. Rev. D. W. Sanders being selected as the minister, and he specially desired that instrumental music be omitted from the services, and that congregational singing of time honored hymns be supplied by a special choir and the audience.
     It was his custom for years, when some aged and respected resident in the vicinity passed away, after the funeral sermon had been preached, to give a reminescence [sic] of their life, closing with an old time hymn, rendered in his grand bass voice, which was of rare quality and volume. The funeral occurred yesterday, interment in the Baptist cemetery adjoining his home. The text of the funeral sermon aptly illustrates the life of a man, who made the world better for his living in it.
Timothy II, 4th chapter 6-7-8 verses:
“For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course; I have kept the faith.
“Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, shall give me that day, and not me only, but unto them also that love his appearing.”



A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M 
N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  Y  Z 

Obituaries Home Page